To inform and educate young people about managing water in a city.
Preliminary list of topics includes:
- municipal water challenges.
- source water.
- water treatment (quantity and quality requirements).
- water users/demands.
- infrastructure/distribution and collection (water works).
- financial considerations (citywide, businesses, and individual).
- risk management for water disasters (scarcity/drought and excess/floods).
- wastewater collection and treatment.
- solid-waste management (collection and disposal).
- management tools (conservation, storm water and laws and regulations).
Urban Waters Kids In Discovery (KIDs) activity booklet (ages eight to 12)
Urban Waters Little KIDs activity booklet (ages three to five)
Urban Waters Educators Guide
Urban Waters Kids In Discovery (KIDs) activity booklet (ages eight to 12) ($75,000 USD)
Urban Waters Little KIDs activity booklet (ages three to five) ($50,000 USD)
Urban Waters Educators Guide ($75,000 USD)
- Prepares students to manage water in the city.
- Includes ActionEducation components detailing what children can do at home and school to help manage water. Summaries of ActionEducation projects are posted on the Project WET web site.
- Empowers children to take action.
- Publications are distributed through the Project WET store and network (43 countries).
- Potential to reach more than 20,000 children and thousands of educators annually.
- All project sponsors, partners and reviewers are acknowledged for their contributions.
- Logos (company or brand) and mission statements of financial sponsors and major in-kind donors are included on publications.
- Complementary copies are provided (commensurate with the level of support) for financial sponsors.
- Press releases acknowledge all financial sponsors.
- All financial sponsors are recognized on the Project WET web site.
- Branded publications may be used internally for employees and/or externally for customers and consumers.
- Publications are distributed through Project WET, creating brand exposure for years to come.
- Potential global distribution.
President and CEO
Project WET Foundation